- ALMOND CRUSTED HALIBUT
This is a quick and easy recipe for beautifully moist yet flaky halibut. Treehouse's Gluten-Free Almond Flour adds a delicate toasted nut flavor while locking in the natural juices of the halibut.
- 1 to 1 1/2-lb. skinless halibut filet (approximately 1 inch thick), cut into 4 evenly sized pieces and patted dry.
- 1 cup Treehouse Blanched Almond Flour or Natural Almond Flour
- Kosher or Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 8 to 9 cups mixed green salad
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 medium sized shallot, minced/finely diced
- 1 Tbs. chopped tarragon leaves (substitute w/ fresh fennel or basil leaves)
- Treehouse Dry Roasted Natural Almond Slices (optional)
- In a medium or large mixing bowl, combine and mix Almond Flour, lemon zest, 2 tsp. salt, and 1 tsp. pepper.
- In a separate medium bowl, lightly beat the two eggs.
- Lightly season both sides of halibut with salt & pepper.
- Dredge/coat each halibut piece in almond flour mixture, then the egg, and once again in the almond flour mixture.
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a 12-inch pan or skillet over medium heat. Once heated, add the 4 fish pieces to cook. Cook each side for approximately 4 minutes, flip once. Both sides should be browned and the fish flaky throughout.
- While the fish cooks, put the mixed salad greens in a large bowl. In a small bow, mix together the lemon juice, shallot, tarragon 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Then gradually mix in the remaining 1/2 cup olive oil.
- Toss green salads with vinaigrette (enough to lightly coat).
- Divide greens among 4 separate plates and top each with one of the halibut fillets. Lightly drizzle some of the remaining vinaigrette over the fish and top with dry roasted almond slices.
- ALMOND FLOUR CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1 1/4 cups Treehouse Natural Almond Flour (or Blanched Almond Flour)
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips (We prefer dark chocolate)
- 1/2 cup shredded or flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (sea salt is just fine)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg (or two egg whites)
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil (or soft butter)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together almond flour, chocolate chips, coconut, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg until uniform in color and doubled in volume./li>
- Add coconut oil & vanilla to egg, whisk until mixed thoroughly.
- Chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes or even better, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, place on baking sheet with 1-1/2 inch space in between each. Press down slightly to flatten a bit.
- Bake until edges begin to brown, 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
- Perfect for Macarons!
I used to buy Treehouse Almond Flour through a distributor here in Montreal but they switched suppliers and the quality was just not the same. I was so glad to find out that I can now purchase directly online!